THE EXHIBITION HAS ENDED!
The museum is closed during exhibition change 29.5.–9.6.2023.
HOME, ART, HISTORY
The summer exhibition presents a wide range of works from the museum’s own collection and celebrates the art foundation registered by Gunnar and Marie-Louise Didrichsen in 1963.
This year marks the 60th anniversary of the foundation, the 120th anniversary of Gunnar’s (1903–1992) birth and the 110th anniversary of Marie-Louise’s (1913–1988) birth. The couple is
also present in the exhibition through material selected from the museum’s archives.
MUSEUM, ARCHITECTURE, SCULPTURE PARK
The Didrichsen Art Museum was born out of the love for art. The modern building was designed by architect Viljo Revell and it is located by the sea on Kuusisaari island in western Helsinki. The museum is surrounded by a sculpture park that is open for public during the museum's operating hours.
EXHIBITIONS AND COLLECTIONS
Marie-Louise and Gunnar Didrichsen opened a museum adjacent to their home in 1965. The museum holds three exhibitions each year, most often with a link to the ongoing temporary exhibition.
The collection consists of around one thousand items, comprising Finnish and international twentieth-century art, as well as examples from ancient Asian and Latin American cultures. The collection is presented in various combinations in conjunction with the temporary exhibitions.
« We hope that our little museum will remain the home of everything beautiful: art, architecture, nature and music and that it will give others as much joy as it has given us »
– Marie-Louise and Gunnar Didrichsen, 1968
Pictured: The Didrichsen family in Villa Didrichsen's library
DIDRICHSEN ART MUSEUM
010 2193 970 / office(at)didrichsenmuseum.fi